Frequently Asked Questions
Click on a category below to see FAQs about that category.
Q: What is Milan Connect?
- Milan Connect is an online matchmaking platform designed specifically for Indian parents whose singles are living in the US.
Q: Who is Milan Connect for?
- Milan Connect is for Indian parents who have an adult single child who lives in the US.
Q: How does Milan Connect work?
- After creating an account on Milan Connect, a parent builds a profile with information about their single child. The parent also enters partner preferences and profiles that match these preferences are presented to the parent. Parents can contact these potential matches directly through the Milan Connect platform
to gather more information.
Q: How do I register for Milan Connect?
- It’s very simple & fast! You simply visit the Banyan Way website at www.banyanway.com and register as a new user by giving a valid email address and creating a password. You will receive an email verification immediately after registering that will enable you to confirm your account.
Q: What information about me is will be displayed and seen by other users of Milan Connect?
- We show information that will help others understand you, your single and your background. We do not share full names or any contact information such as email address or phone number. Click here to see a sample profile.
Q: How do you protect my information?
Q: Do you share my contact information?
No. We do not share full names or any contact information such as email address or phone number. Other users can contact you only through the online messaging feature within Milan Connect. Once you’ve connected with other parents, you can decide if you want to share additional contact information.
Q: What makes a good profile?
- Typically, a good profile is one which has all (or most) of the fields completed with accurate information. It is important that you include at least one good photo of your single. Just like you, others want to understand the interests, preferences and background of your single.
Q: What tips do you have for what I should write in my single’s profile?
- Make sure you have at least one photo in your single’s profile - two or three photos is even better. In addition, try to complete all the hobbies and interest fields so that other parents will get a good understanding of your single.
Q: How can I get better matches?
- Complete as much of your single’s profile information as possible, include good photos and use relatively broad choices in your partner preferences. Over time, these items will increase the number of potential matching profiles you will see.
Q: Why do I have to upload a photo? Can I skip this step?
- No. We require at least one photo of your single. Without a photo, your single’s profile will be incomplete and appear to be a fake profile. Without a photo, other parents may not be as interested in your single and thus you will not receive as many requests to connect with you about your single.
Q: What type of photo should I upload with the profile?
- Any photo which represents your single is recommended. Ideally your single’s face can be seen clearly in the photo. The preferred format is JPEG (.jpg extension) with a resolution of at least 500 pixels on a side.
Q: Why do you ask for my son’s or daughter’s phone number while creating a profile?
- We use their phone number to send a text informing them that you are posting their information on Milan Connect. We never publish any phone numbers within Milan Connect.
Q: What does the field “How do you identify yourself” mean? What is it used for?
- What you include here will enable other parents to understand your personal and family background, culture and interests. Possible entries here can include your mother tongue, community, diet, regionality or Indian state. Some examples are:
- “South Indian, Telugu, non-vegetarian”
- “Gujarat, Hindu, vegetarian”
- “Indian, pescatarian, okay with non-veg”.
Q: How can I modify or update my son’s or daughter’s profile?
- It’s very easy! Choose your son or daughter from the drop down list at the top labeled “Select Your Single”. Once you select your single, click on the Settings icon at the top (which looks like small gears) and you can then update all of the profile information for you and your single.
Q: Can I put my profile on hold?
- You cannot put your profile on hold.
Q: How do I delete a profile?
- To delete your profile, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . There are no refunds of your subscription fee if you decide to leave MIlan Connect before the end of your subscription period.
Q: What types of filtering will I be able to do on Milan Connect?
- You can set your partner preferences to filter by
- Marital Status
- Raised Where - which represents where the single was raised
- Location within the US.
Q: Can I search for a specific person? For example, can I search for a profile by using a profile ID?
- You cannot search for a specific person on Milan Connect.
Q: I am interested only in profiles of singles who were born and raised in the US. Will I be able to restrict my search to include only those types of profiles?
- Yes, you can set this condition within your partner preference settings.
Q: Can I filter by the caste or subcaste?
- You cannot filter or search by caste or subcaste within Milan Connect.
Q: Can I see the caste of profiles shown to me?
- Yes, if the other parent has entered this information in the field labeled ‘How Parents Describe Themselves’ on the Profile Details.
Q: Why do I get “No Matching Records Found’ during my search for profiles?
- You may have set your partner preferences too narrowly. Try broadening your partner preferences.
Q: I am a parent looking for a match for two children. Can I register them both? How do I do that?
- Yes. We have an option for registering for two adult single children and we do have such parents in our database. Once you subscribe and complete the profile for your first adult single child, you can then subscribe and complete the profile for your second adult single child. Note that each adult single child
requires a separate subscription.
Q: There are things I’d like to know about a potential match, but I don’t see it in the other person’s profile. How can I get that information?
- Milan Connect includes many of the most important aspects about singles, but if you are interested in a profile and don’t see specific information you would like to know, you can contact those parents within Milan Connect to ask.
Q: I contacted another parent, and they haven’t responded yet. What does this mean?
- The messaging within Milan Connect is similar to email. You may receive a response immediately or it may take some time before you receive a response. The other parent is notified when messages arrive, so please be patient since they may be busy.
Q: I forgot my password. How can I reset it?
- At the login screen, click on the ‘Forgot Your Password?’ link below the “Log In” button. You will receive an email from BanyanWay containing a link you can use to reset your password.
Q: How do I change my password?
- At the login screen, click on the ‘Forgot Your Password’ link below the “Log In” button. You will receive an email from BanyanWay containing a link you can use to change your password.
Q: Why do I see an “Invalid user ID/Password” message when I try to login?
- You may have entered either your email address or password incorrectly. Enter the email address you used when you originally registered.
- If you don’t remember your password, use the “Forgot Your Password?” link on the login page to reset your password.
- If you originally registered for BanyanWay using your Facebook account, continue to use your Facebook account to login. Use the “Login with Facebook” button to login.